I’m saving this info for my own interest. This article has been super-helpful regarding the command line tools available for diagnosing and fixing Windows update on Windows 10.
From the follow blog, I found these amazingly useful commands.
- StartScan Used To Start Scan
- StartDownload Used to Start Download of Patches
- StartInstall Used to Install Downloaded Patches
- RefreshSettings Refresh Settings if any changes were made
- StartInteractiveScan May ask for user input and/or open dialogues to show progress or report errors
- RestartDevice Restart device to finish installation of updates
- ScanInstallWait Combined Scan Download Install
- ResumeUpdate Resume Update Installation On Boot