You can setup a video call in Microsoft Teams in a number of ways. The methods shown in the video and in the guide below will help you generate a Teams Meeting link to share with co-workers, students, or guests.
Using the Outlook App
- Using Outlook. Open the Calendar and click the big New Teams Meeting button at the top in the Ribbon. This will generate a Teams Meeting link.
- Give it a title, choose additional required or optional attendees and click Send. If you’re adding other folks from Heritage, you can of course add them to the meeting. When you click Send, they will receive a calendar invite, and the meeting will appear in their calendar and your calendar. The meeting will also appear in the Teams app under Calendar.
- If you want to share the meeting link with students, simply right-click on the ‘Join Microsoft Teams Meeting’ link and choose Copy hyperlink. Then paste that into an email to send it to your students or paste it on myHeritage in the Links section of your course under the Syllabus tab.
Using the Teams App
- In the Microsoft Teams app, open the Calendar tab (which is located on the left under the Chat tab and the Teams tab). Click the Meet now button at the top.
- Give the meeting a title and click the Join now button.
- Open the Participants view by clicking the Show Participants button in the control bar (just to the left of the Hang up button).
- In participants view copy the meeting link by clicking on the Copy join info button in the top-right. It looks like two elongated rings hooked together.
- Then paste that into an email to send it to your students or paste it on myHeritage in the Links section of your course under the Syllabus tab.
- Inside of Teams choose the Calendar tab and click the + New meeting button at the top.
- Give your meeting a title and add any required attendees. In order to generate a meeting link, you must add at least one other person from Heritage to the meeting.
- Click Save.
- After the meeting has saved, go back into the meeting and note that the Teams Meeting link has been generated. Copy and paste the Join Microsoft Teams Meeting link and send it to your students or post it on myHeritage.